Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas in Olympia




Christmas is officially over :(
It is sad! I hope Olypians at least keep there stuff up until the first of the year, probably not though!
How was everyones christmas?
I had a great christmas!!! My family made sure I was well taken care off and I was very spoiled. Our misson pres. told us that we could sleep in on Christmas morning, but we had church at 9am and who sleeps in on Christmas anyway? We tried to talk him into letting us sleep in on our p-day, but he didn't go for that :( I guess I'll try sleeping in next Christmas!
We then opened our present's, went to church, then went to our bishops house to call our parents and have christmas dinner. It wasn't quiet the same as usuall because of course your not with your family, but for what it was, it was great! I was very thankful I was able talk to my family and be with a great family that I love dearly on that special day. It definetly helped the "trunkieness".
On Christmas Eve Jane and Keri were baptised!!!!
It was a great day as well. Jane is the funniest 61 year old lady I have ever met. She was absolutly glowing after she was baptised, it was amazing to see her finally take that step of faith she has been putting off for so long (3 moths haha) President Weaver even surprised her and came to her baptism...ahhh! Keri baptism was great as well. We are so proud of them! I have no doubt that they will be active members in the church!

The whole week was just filled with a lot of fun things. Members invited us over and we made gingerbread houses, we got like 20 "goodie plates", they made sure our dinners with them were EXTRA YUMMY :) we made cookies with one family, the peck family bought us snuggies lol, we went carolling, and then we got to experience tracking down my christmas presents at the post office the night before christmas eve 30 min before they closed...it was scary!
My family is so amazing that they sent our whole zone a christmas present. There is a pic attatched. They had a bunch of goodies and a sweet gift card to target, thanks again mom and dad!!! All and all it was an amazing week!
As I was reading the Book of Mormon this morning I came across this scripture in 1 Nephi 17:3
"And thus we see that the commandments of God Must be fulfilled. And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them; Wherefore, he did provide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness."
This scripture tells me that all things are possible. No thing is to great that the Lord can't help us accomplish it. If we do what He asks, He will always prepare a way, you just have to believe!
I hope you all have a great christmas!
I love you so much,
Sister Phillips


No comments:

Post a Comment