Monday, December 19, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM OLYMPIA!!!

Oh man oh man can you people even believe Christmas is this week???? Well-I can't!
I don't want it to be Christmas because then we can't use our sweet excuse to get into peoples doors anymore :( (Can we come share a Christmas message with your family? Well sure come on it!) Ya-Jan. is a pretty lame month so I don't know what we will do about that!
This week has been a ball. We had our mission Christmas party on Tuesday, where we had 6 different groups of people doing white elephant trade off, then had our Christmas program, ate some yummy food and finished reading the Book of Mormon together as a mission! Wow- did I ever tell you how amazing the Book of Mormon is? I read it in a whole 7 weeks and it was FAST. My testimony about that book has been strengthened and I have come to realize what a powerful tool it truly is. The Book of Mormon was sent to us during this time for a reason and there is a ba-gillion and one reasons in there. I am starting all over again and I love it. I am so grateful the Lord restored His gospel back on the Earth and that Joseph Smith kept him self worthy and valiant to translate the golden plates for all of us today. The love of God is great!

After the Christmas party I got sick..boooo! I came down with a nasty head cold and I thought my head was going to blow up. But I wasn't going to let that stop me. We still went out every night and knocked on lots of doors in the cold. I probably should have stayed home and rested but we really needed the extra blessings. Our investigators have been a little "stuck" they haven't been progressing like they should. So, I decided to give it my best in hope the Lord would bless them. AND he did! We had 8 people come to church yesterday and we have two on date for the 24th. We have them all planned and everything, horray! Jane is so excited, she just called and wanted to know if she needed white underwear hahah! I love that lady! And keri wants a very personal small baptism, she text us last night and said she wanted the lights dimmed with candles hahahaha. This is gong to be a Christmas Eve I will NEVER forget.

I am so thankful for this time of year! I want you all to know, that I know- the Savior Lives! He lives! HE loves us all very much and is aware of everything we do and go through in this life. He wants the best for us and is ready and willing to give all He has to us if we will only keep His commandments and follow Him. One of my favorite scriptures is Romans 8:35-39 it talks about the love of God. I hope we can all set apart the busy commercialized Christmas and take time to focus on our Savior. Allow the spirit of Christmas to flow through your soul and you will feel His sincere, true, and powerful love flow though you those you serve.

I love you all,
xoxoxoxo
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment