Monday, January 30, 2012

Normality!

Hello!
This week has been back to Normal!Thank goodness, I didn't mind it to much, but Sis. Brown was a little confused haha. She had a lot of fun this week learning how a "normal" week of the life of a missionary works.
This week has been great! We have been staying really busy and working hard. It's been fun teaching Sis. Brown the ropes of the mission and of our wards. The investigators and members are really seem to like her. She got a comment last night on her teaching the Atonement and her face lit up!! She is a great missionary I just have to help her stop worrying so much, but if that's all I have to deal with so far I am fine with that :D I do have to train her on her driving skills a tad. She has almost wrecked and taken out the bottom of the mission car and ran into our shed pulling in- ALREADY! haha. And every time she does something she goes into a panic attack and if you can imagine I just laugh through the whole thing!
During the week we were able to teach Denise. She is a lady in her 60's and is sooo nice. We tracted into her but only met her husband and then she called her daughter and told her to call us because she wanted us to come back. The thing with Denise is she had a stroke 7 years ago and cannot talk, read or write, but she can understand us and answer yes or no questions. It's kind of a sad story,but really neat. Her kids were converted to the church when they were in high school. While her son was on his mission she was going to be baptized and then decided to wait until he got home, well during that time she had her stroke and wasn't able to be baptized. So she is now more ready that ever! We are trying to teach her husband with her to see if he will come too. If he comes that will be really good for her and, of course-him! We are excited to see where this goes!
Tina was also confirmed on Sunday! Yay! We are working with a lot of great people. Were at a point right now where we are trying to help them progress to baptism. They all have these little stumbling blocks that will take faith of there own to get over, but I have no doubt that they can do it! We are so blessed here to be in Olympia and to work with the people that we do. They have so much love and appreciation for the missionaries. Sis. Brown says she never wants to leave this place. My goal is to help her LOVE her 1st transfer, to feel confident in her teaching and to learn to do all of these things by the guidance of the spirit. I know the struggles I went through with my 1st transfer and know that if I can help her with any of those or help make her burdens lighter in any way it will help her gain more love for the people here and help us grown stronger as a companionship!
I have been pondering a lot this week of the "true" meaning of repentance. Repentance to me has always been a scary thing or something I tried to avoid, but my thoughts were taken back to the story in the Book of Mormon about Alma the Younger and his conversion story. If Alma hadn't repented and changed his heart he would not have been able to convert all the people and change many many lives. Alma repented to that he could reach his "full potential"! I believe very strongly that is what we need to do. Repentance is a gift that we have been given, so WE can all reach our full potential in this life! Doesn't that make you want to repent right now?! lol
Christ Lives!
Love,
Sister Phillips
WA-TAC
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
God Bless!
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment