Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Can you believe it is 2012!!!

That just seems so weird to me. I feel like it could still be 2010 for some reason. I hope everyone had a great New Year and made some great goals/resolutions. I was looking back on the 'predictions" I made last year for the New year and serving a mission was NO where in there haha. Gotta love it! This year Our mission president wanted us to be in by 7. So our zone decided to go out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. YUMMMM! It was all most of our first steak on our mission. OH it was better than chocolate cake!! Even better than the steak was that we ran into one of our investigators when we left, the Sanvig family. I'm sure you remember me talking about them before. Morris Sanvig told us they were just to busy for lessons so we stopped seeing them. They had been lingering on my mind lately and I felt like we should go back and see them and then we ran into them at the restaurant. It was a huge miracle. For some reason I have this crazy connection with this family. I know one way or another weather it be through me or someone else they will accept the gospel in there like. His wife died 2 years ago from breast cancer and it has been really hard for them. :( Anyway-Morris gave me a big hug "awkward for me" haha, but I couldn't turn it down and his two kids were excited to see us too. They said we could stop by this week!!! THEN- we were playing football and OLY high on monday and ran into them there too! Coincidence? I don't think so!!

Radmilla our serbian investigator is getting baptised on Saturday! She is so awesome, I love this lady. It really is amazing that she had to come clear across the world to find the Gospel. We were meeting with her on Saturday and we asked her if she wanted to get baptised on the 8th, she looked at us and said NO that is to soon. We were a little disappointed and then she put her head back up and said, actually the 8th sounds great! My mouth dropped. Then she said she would like to be baptised on the 7th because that is when the greek orthodox church celebrated Jesus Christs birthday! Either way we didn't care, were just so excited for her to take these steps of faith in her life.

I hope you all know how much I love you! Think of me when the sun is shinning and send a prayer my way!

I want you to all know the power of example is real. Be that light someone is searching for weather it be by helping someone or just smiling at them, it will make a difference. Always remember someone loves you and that is ME!!!!!

D&C 43:15-16
"Again I say, hearken ye elders (sisters) of my church, who I have appointed: Ye are not sent forth to be taught, but to teach the children of men the things which I have put into your hands by the power of my spirit. And ye are to be taught from on high, sanctify yourselves on ye shall be endowed with power that ye may give even as I have spoken."

Love you,
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment