Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SNOW DAY!



It snowed in Washington!!!! A LOT.
(and yes all schools were cancelled) It has been snowing here since Sunday, but it doesn't all stick because it rains and then snows on and off so it melts pretty fast. The roads are nasty since they only have like 3 snow plows for for the whole city of Olympia. I had to kick Sis. E out of the drivers seat pretty fast when it started snowing. She does not do well driving in rain or snow haha. gotta love her! I will attach some pics below of the beautiful snow.
We were hoping the our church services hadn't been cancelled and luckily they weren't but there were a few others that were haha. That is so funny to me! After church on Sunday we went to our Bishops house to have Sis. E's "last super" and when we arrived bishop was pulling the kids behind his truck on a sled. It looked so fun and sis. Shirley could tell we wanted a ride to, so she found us some sweats and coats and we got to go sledding!!! It was so much fun. Our bums were frozen though and we were sooo wet, it was all worth it though!

Transfer calls came finally around 9:15pm Saturday night. President was killing us for making us wait all day long for them. Especially sis. E because then she was having panic attacks all day :/ Sis. Eichenmiller is moving next door to Lacey, WA and she will be companions with Sis. Holman. Sis. Holman was with me in the MTC and she rocks. The specific area they are going to has not had sisters for 15 years and it has been called the "man zone" so they are pretty excited to break that streak!
And for me.....I get to Train!!!!! Yay, I was so excited! I have only been out for 5 months, so I didn't really expect it. But I get to go pick her up today. I don't know who she is yet, so it will be a surprise for both of us when I go pick her up! I am a little nervous, but at the same time a very humbling time for me to know that the Lord would trust me with this responsibility. Poor girl gets to come to Olympia in the snow. Hopefully she is not from Arizona or somewhere warm or she is going to freeezzzzeee!!!
This week has been bitter sweet for me. We had to go say goodbye for Sis. E to all of our investigators, recent converts, and members and it was just so sad. We worked so hard with all of these people and they all have a strong connection to the both of us together. So, this week will be opposite for us. I will be helping the new missionary get to know everyone and form connections of her own. I hope she is not shy or we will break that real fast ;)

We also went on a hike with on our investigators the Sanvig family. It was so beautiful and dropped us out on the beach.
We even found a jelly fish :/ It was so cool and when were leaving we got to see this amazing sunset!

Hopefully we can start teaching them on a reg. basis now.

It's been a little struggle, some of their best friends are super anti, so that does not help the situation at all. But Morris is a smart guy and hopefully he can see what is from the devil and what is from Christ.
I hope you all know how much I love you and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for all that he does for everyone and shows his hand in all of our lives weather we realize it or not. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and is full of magic!!
It truly changes peoples lives if they will but open the pages to read and study it. I believe there is no greater force on the Earth than that single book! I know my Savior Lives and he Loves us ALL!
Love you,
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment