Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference Spring and Easter

Hello family,

I hope everyone had a great week. As for me I had a great week as well. I was so excited for conference that the beginning of the week felt like it went by really slow! The trees and flowers are starting to bloom here one by one and they are very beautiful. Washington in the summer is one of the most gorgeous places in the world. Besides that it still rains to much :) We got 2 1/2 inches of rain in just one day :/ It was not fun, especially when we were walking in it! But it always makes for good experiences and good laughs. This coming week is going to be bitter sweet for me. I met with President last Tues. and he told me It was time for me to leave Olympia. I said President, It's only been 6 months??? He didn't really seem to care. I have felt for a while that I am leaving, not sure where, but I know that the Lord will send me where he needs me most. So-I will go and do! Sister Brown is terrified to take over our area, but President assured me he would put her with a really good sister. I have a lot of attachments here and a lot of people I dearly love, but I know that just like President Monson said in the opening of conference, "The work will go forth, boldly nobly and Independent!" I am leaving 3 of our investigators behind that are getting baptized soon and that is what is the hardest. I want to see them baptized sooo bad. Maybe, just maybe President will let me come back for one of them ;) I just want to leave you all with my testimony about how grateful I am for our Savior Jesus Christ. This week while you are planning Easter egg hunts and baskets-don't forget the most important reason of why? Why do we have Easter? It is to remember the sacrifice and resurrection that our Savior made and overcame for you and me. Everywhere you walk this week try to see his tender mercies all around. I promise you that you will feel his love more that ever. I am grateful for my families sacrifice on my behalf and am very grateful I get to enjoy this blessing to share this small time in my life and knowledge that he has given me with others. Matthew 10:39

He Lives! Love, Sister Phillips

One of my fav. quotes from conference: "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you." Pres. Uchtdorf. Oh and did you catch when Richard G. Scott said, "We would receive more revelation if we exercised and ate healthier foods." ;) I felt like he was talking to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment