Monday, April 16, 2012

Goodbye Olympia.... Hello Tacoma!

Goodbye Olympia...Hello Tacoma!
Saying goodbye to everyone in Olympia was so hard. I was holding it together pretty good until we went to a members house, the Latimers, and some of my Recent Converts came and they had a little going away temporarily party for me :) It was so sweet. Right before that the Wynder's called us and wanted to make dinner for me one last time. Oh-it is so good. They make this tofu dish that I just love ( I know what your thinking..tofu? gross. but it is yummy). They taught me how to make it and then we ate it all up! It was a great day and Peter even painted my name in Chinese for me :) I sent a pic so you could see it. I am eternally greatful for the experiences I had in Olympia. I had some of the most trying times and some of the happiest times in my life. I saw many many miracles and the most memorable thing to me what that I was able to feel the Lords Mercy in my life and come to feel the Christ like Love. Olympia will always have a very special place in my heart!
Now I'm in Tacoma! A lot of change has happened in the last few days. Not my favorite thing, but we all know we have to have change in our life or there is no room to grow. Tacoma is a beautiful city. It is much bigger than Olympia and I am only serving in one ward instead of two-which is kinda weird. Since I have been In Tacoma for the last 5 days or so I can't believe the difference in these two cities. Don't' take this to be racist because I am far from-but I haven't seen so many black people in my life. I am in the "hood"! I think everyday, "Where did all my hippies and hobo's go?" Nope now it is Russians, Nigerians, and who knows what? I really love it though. We are not in the scary (hill top) part of Tacoma, but it is next to ours :)
My new companion's name is Sister Hoffman. She is great and very sweet. She has been out 1 transfer ahead of me and this is her 3rd transfer in Tacoma. She is from Seeme California and guess what...she wants to be a dental hygienist too! It will be fun to work with her besides the fact that I am miss energizer bunny and she is chill/needs 3 meals a day person + 10 min bathroom breaks. "Waiting" is something that has always been a struggle for me. Waiting=patience right? I have been learning many things about patience and how broad that word actually is. I have had to be very patience with myself this week in knowing that the love I had for Olympia will come to this area in Tacoma. We all have to remind our self that our way is not always the Lord's way and the questions we all ask ourselves, "why me", "why do I have to suffer" come to us because quiet honestly our eyes are not open to all that is going on. Remember that the Lords sees the upper and we the under side. While we are struggling down here and not understanding why things happen the way we do. We can have full trust and confidence that the our loving Heavenly Father does! I know He lives and that the Book of Mormon truly is the word of God.

I love you all very much.

Thank you for all your support!
Sister Phillips
My new address is:
2214 Whitman St.
Tacoma, WA 98406


Our district at the tagging wall. Really funny story there-there was a swear word up there and the elders thought they would "edit" the wall-SO I taught them how to do a cheer leading stunt haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment