Monday, April 9, 2012

HAPPY EASTER!

I had the Best Easter ever! All last week was stressful with a lot of fasting and prayer to try to help our investigators progress like they need to. One in particular-Peter. We met with Peter Tues. night and the lesson was not like I had imagined it. While we were talking with him I felt like he was digressing NOT progressing. A couple times in the lesson I kept getting choked up because I felt like Heavenly Father was not giving me the guidance I needed at the time to help him.I honestly felt so alone, which is not how it usually is. At the end of the lesson Sister Brown and I stressed the importance of reading the Book of Mormon and praying for specific answers and how to recognize them. I left that lesson in tears and endless tears I might add. I have never cried so much for something I couldn't exactly pinpoint. I wont get into much detail because this is very sacred to me, but that morning when I woke up I knew that whatever happened it would be God's will- I left it in His hands and just allowed.

Friday we had an appt. with Peter to have dinner at the Wynder's (his fellowship) with a lady he worked with that actually introduced him the church. That afternoon we got a txt. from Brother Wynder saying that they were going to have to cancel because of some family things. We said, ok we will just meet with peter at his house tonight instead. Which I knew wouldn't be the best because its always better with food anyway right?! About 2 hrs. later Bro. Wynder text us and said that it was back on. They canceled there plans because smart sister Wynder felt impressed they still needed to have this meeting for Peter. They called us and said, "Sisters we need help cooking, come over now!" We went over and cooked up a plethora of Taiwanese food (which is soooo good) and it was a hit! I even learned how to make egg drop soup and that tofu can actually taste good :) After dinner we sat down in the living room and I asked Peter how his reading and prayer went:

Peter said, "good...pause...I think Im ready to be baptized."
Sister Phillips, "excuse me what?"

Peter, "Sister Phillips, I am ready to be baptized!"

Then someone else asked him again, and Peter said, "For the 3rd time I want to be baptized!!"

I can't express the gratitude that was in my heart at that moment. Tear instantly came flowing down my face and I said a silent prayer in my heart thanking God for Peter in my life. He decided to be baptized that coming Sunday on Easter. But of course there was a bump in the road. Peters wife was NOT happy. She started looking up anti-doctrine on the internet. Peter called us in a panic and because he doesn't speak great English I couldn't understand him, so luckily the Wynders speak Chinese and could talk to him. We were with our zone for a Easter thing and one they we all kneeled in prayer together for Peter and his wife. It was a very special prayer! That next morning Peter talked to his wife and He said that the lord gave him the words to say and Teresa came to the baptism to support her husband :) Miracles!
More news....
I am being transferee to TACOMA!!!
I was very shocked, I didn't think I was going to Tacoma, but I was excited as well. My new companion will be Sister Hoffman and she has been out 6 weeks more that me-so it should be fun. I am ready to be get to work!! She is one of the sisters I really don't know, so I will be fun to serve with her and get to know her. It was a very bitter sweet feeling for me, but I know that there will be people in Tacoma that I will love as well. At church on Sunday bishop announced to in sacrament to see how many people could get sister phillips to cry. It was NOT a nice thing to do!
Over the last 6 months here in Olympia I have come to feel the Love of Christ. It is the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed. I know that a loving Heavenly Father watches over all of us and that he is not a jealous God and he does not delight in persecuting those who misstep. HE is an absolute perfect, compassionate, understanding, patient, and forgiving Father. He was willing to give His only begotten, sinless, and perfect Son to make a sacrifice for us all. Through that act of the Atonement we can live in a just world with mercy and grace given to us freely if we but obey. We draw comfort from Paul's words, "As in Adam we all die, even so in Christ...all are made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22) I have really come to understand what it means when we are taught that the Atonement reverses the affects of the Fall. It is through the Lords Grace that carries me everyday through all of my imperfections!
Thank you for all your love, prayers and testimonies. I love hearing from you an you truly do strengthen me!
Love,
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment