Monday, March 5, 2012

Miracle Sunday

Good Morning, How has everyone's week been, I hope great! I heard Utah received some snow finally-that is good news. How are the ski resorts doing :/ I couldn't imagine well, if there isn't much snow. The only thing we have here is rain and it is really starting to come and NOT stopping. It is pouring outside as we speak. I guess it is expected with spring coming around,but I still ask people all the time if it is going to warm up and the answer is always "NO"! Dang it! This week has been a great week. A lot of up's and downs with certain people, but they all came around and are doing well. We had our transfer meeting and got to see everyone. I always love going to those. We only had 1 missionary going home and 4 missionaries coming in. I guess our mission is one of the few that the "entire" mission comes for transfers every six weeks. I am grateful we do, because it is a lot of fun and I get to see all of my cute sistas! Its been so much fun to see Sister Brown grow lately! Our goal this transfer for her was to "step up" and I know that might seem harsh, bus she made it up haha! It fits her perfect though, she is so scared and timid that she holds herself back worrying what others will think of her. No, no can do in mission life!!!! But she has came a long way with her confidence and her ability to teach by the spirit. For the longest time she couldn't except that it just takes TIME, you have to be patient with yourself. She has finally started to realize that and now I tell her that she is like a little butterfly getting ready to soar! ha she loves my jokes! :D She thinks I'm crazy most of the time though! This Sunday we had a GREAT day! We had 7 people @ church and 6 of those were in Olympia 3rd ward, which is HUGE!!! My entire mission since this transfer the most I have had in Oly 3rd is maybe 1 or 2. As we were waiting for people to come in the chapel we first saw Kayden (he's getting baptized this sat.) and the cool thing about that was his entire family came as well. They are all members, but it was his dads 1st time back at Church in over a year. Denisse & Rodney came as well, which we the day before I asked Rodney if he would come and he said no, (knowing me I wasn't going to take a no) So I got a maybe out of him and a hand shake ;) And he came!!! He doesn't like to stay for all 3 hours but at least he came for sacrament and brought Denisse. Denisse is the one who has a stroke and it paralyzed her whole left side of her body. Anyway, she has some feeling come back in her leg that allowed her to walk better. Oh my goodness, she was sooo excited she even made us touch her leg so she could feel it haha. She wouldn't even let us help her she wanted to walk all on her own to classes on Sunday! Minh came in a WHITE SHIRT AND SLACKS!!!!! He usually came is baggy jeans and a hoodie and sit down gangsta style in the chapel, but he is changing and it was so cool to see him in dress clothes. Now we just need him to tuck in his shirt and wear a tie :) small steps! Peter showed up! Peter told us he had to work to late so he was going to go to the Centraila building because it was closer to him, but his friend told him no, he needed to go to his own ward and she even came with him! He even showed up in a shirt and tie. *Side not: We tell people to wear whatever they feel most comfortable in when they come to church. We could care less if they showed up in jeans, the important thing is that they are there. But it is so exciting to see them change with it is THEIR decision not anyone elses. You then know they have a true desire to change! Then...Angie Ward came. What? I had to take a double look when I saw her. Angie is a lady we met tracking my 1st transfer here, so about 4 months ago. We instantly connected (not to mention she wears Silpada jewelry). She says, she thinks she is suppose to be Mormon one day because they keep coming into her life. Coincidence? I think Not! Anyway, we visit her and always invite her to church but she has never came. Well, lucky her, her new boss is a MORMON haha! And he is awesome. He is in our other ward. But it was a great fast and testimony meeting and she loved it. Now we just need to work on her coming more! I will always cherish this Sunday for the rest of my mission! Who knows if this will ever happen I sure hope it does, but it was truly a blessing for the ward members to see everyone there and to be engaged in missionary work. They are so excited about these people and I have full confidence they will be taken care of when we leave! Bishop had a smile on his face so big I just had to laugh. They haven't had investigators there for a long time. I do not in anyway give this credit to sis. brown and I. I truly believe it is because of the faith of the ward members that we are even being able to teach these people! For a couple weeks this scripture has been dwelling on my mind. Its in D&C 130:19 and it says , "And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come." I knew that if we were diligent and obedient it was only THEN the lord would make these pathways for us and help us find the hidden "fruit" in Olympia!

I love my Savior Jesus Christ and it is only through Him that we will have the greatest Joy! I truly testify that if we will be diligent and obedient the Lord will bless you and make your life more full.

I love you all,
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment