Monday, February 27, 2012

OLYMPIA!!!!!!!!

Yes.....I get to stay in Olympia for another 6 weeks!

I have been so happy this week, even though there has been A LOT of road blocks-miracles are happening all over the place and I can't help but shake my head and keep smiling!

I told Pres. Weaver to pllleeeease keep me here and I was pretty sure I was staying because I was still training Sis. Brown. I think Sis. Brown was going to have a heart attack if she left, so good thing she is staying as well. She doesn't do good with change! I am so grateful I get to stay and to hopefully see our hard work pay off and see the people we are teaching progress to baptism! Please oh please oh please!!!

This week has been crazy busy! I am grateful for the work we are blessed to have and the people we have to teach.
Denisse and Rodney (denisse's husband) came to church on Sunday. I was so excited. Rodney has told us before he would come and he never came. We had been meeting with them on wed. nights because it was good for the daughter but bad for our fellowship because that was 3rd wards youth night. Anyway-we finally met on Friday and Bro and Sis. Rose came with us. Rodney and Bro. Rose connected so well and It was a reminder to me how IMPORTANT fellowship is. Because of that Rodney came to church and then got to meet so many other people. Denisse will be getting baptized in a couple weeks. we are waiting for her son to fly home from school during his spring break so he can be here :D

Peter......
He is so awesome. He calls us his angels from heaven! I am so proud of peter. He works 30-40 min away from Olympia in a town called centrailia. He had an appt. after work which was at 1 (church was at 1) therefore he couldn't make it to church. Well he found out that it was moved to 3:30 so what did he do? He went and found the church in centrailia and went to church there. He is so awesome. He text us and said he remembered us teaching him how important church was so we decided to go. :) We also through combined ward effort found Peter perfect fellowship as well.

We are still working with the Sanvigs and many others! I am so grateful for a loving heavenly father who is so aware and in tune with our lives. We pray for fellowship and many other things and to my mind it doesn't make sense, but to my surprise it turns out to be just perfect! Why do we question the Lord so much? One day I think I will get the hang of it...probably not though! I have been thinking a lot about our divine roll in this world and how truly every single person in this world came down here with a purpose. I love the scripture in Romans 8:16-17 "The spirit itself beareth witness with our spirits, that we are the children of God. And if children, then heirs;heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer WITH him, that we may be also glorified TOGETHER." I am so grateful that we have the knowledge that we can be glorified even as our Savior Jesus Christ and not just be "oblivious" after we die.Yes-WE HAVE A ROLE IN THIS WORLD! What is it? To "come unto Christ" by Faith, Repentance, Baptism, RECEIVING the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End or "The Gospel". We all have a divine purpose! And as we go through those dang trials, just be grateful and know that you have a loving Heavenly Father who is molding you and preparing you to be ready to return back to Him.

Thank you all for all your love and support!
God Bless!
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment