Monday, March 19, 2012

Hello family and friends,

This week has been really fun-stressful-fast! I can't believe it's monday
already, I feel like I was just here yesterday! Time flies when your having fun
:) I sure wish It would warm up though, its so cold and rainy. It has rained
everyday for the last week. A couple days it was non -stop to the point I
couldn't hardly see where we were driving. This weather is very bi-polar!

Our investigators are doing great! Denisses family still doesnt know when
she is going to be baptized. I totally pulled I may be transfered in 3 weeks, so
it would be great if you could hurry. I know her son is way more important than
I am, but on a selfish note I really really really want to see her baptized!!
Minh is suppose to get baptized this saturday. He totally put himself on date
during our lesson on friday. We have been working on "asking inspired questions"
lately and it totally works! The spirit was so strong and then our fellowship
decided to ask him the interview questions and Minh got spooked. My thoughts
were "OH NOOOOOO" I had to hurry and whip some good scriptures out and help Minh
understand that you only have to have a "willing" heart you dnot have to know
them perfect. Luckily he understood, but he is still a little shakin by that. He
has an interview with our president tomorrow, so pleeeeese pray that Minh will
feel confident!!!! Peter is awesome! Our lesson on saturday was a little weird.
he was super tired and not being the most responsive, which was understandable,
but I was a little worried about him. We have been praying and fasting for him
to know what we could do to help him get over that stump we feel like he's
under. Then we were at church on sunday and a family walked through the door I
haven't met. I introduced myself and started talking to them and found out this
family had lived in Taiwan for over 20 years...score!!!!!!!! I told him all
about Peter and i'm not even kidding they got to him before I could even
introduce them to each other. They fellowshiped him all 3 hours of church and
then They invited us and Peter over to there house for dinner and a lesson! The
Wynders daughter just got home from her mission from Taiwan and they all speek
Mandarin Chinese. I have a feeling Sister Brown and I are going to be the
minority!!

I am so thankful this week for the Lord and showing to me my full potential
and what I have to do to reach it. The Joseph Smith Story stands as a solid
testomony that God hasn't shut the door on any of His children-He loves us as
much today as he did anciently. That give me comfort and assurance in a unsure
and confused world that He loves us no matter what and there is alaways a way
back! I Know He LIves!

I love you all,
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment