Tuesday, October 25, 2011

OLYMPIA!!

I got transferred!!!!

I was SO SHOCKED.

I had told everyone I would be staying and probably taking over the sunrise area after Sis. Fisher left. AND...I finally put a little girl on date for baptism and I get transferred :( That’s okay though. We got our calls on Saturday while I was on exchanges with another sister. I was expecting for her to get transferred, but then we both did. Sis. Fisher is staying in Sunrise, Puyallup training another greenie (good luck). One of the members said, I guess they decided to move you instead of the cats, lol! I will miss that ward, there were some great people there, but was ready to leave.

I am now with Sis. Eichenmiller (pronounced iken-miller) she is so amazing. She is so nice and loves to work HARD! This is only her 4th transfer so I'm not far behind her. Olympia has struggled big time lately with disobedient elders and a lot of problems occurred, so president weaver said, and quote “were sending a few of you in for clean-up." I am thrilled to know he would trust me enough to come here and help gain back the trust of the people in Olympia. Yay!! There are only 2 elders and my comp. that were in Olympia before and they took everyone else out and put all new in. I am ready to work hard in this area and see a lot of success. All the Elders warned me, they said, " sis. Phillips remember the 3 H's. 1. Hippies 2. Homo's 3. Hobo's haha. I already love this place. It will be interesting when I meet my first "real" liberal. I have really never had to deal with them before. Good things to look forward too, right?!

We live in this cute little condo. It looks and smells like a log cabin. It's much better than my last place. And we have a sweet new car. :) It's so pretty! We ate dinner with members last night and they LOVE the missionaries. They all just got baptized a couple months ago and if they could they would feed us everyday :/ I am nervous about gaining weight, members think you have been starving, so they cook these giant meals and desert for you. I love it, I just have to remember that we live in America and I think they'll be okay if I don't eat everything on my plate..ugh!

How is Utah??? I miss the fall leaves. There are a few here, but mostly there are evergreens and they just stay green all year. When we tract at night I just think to myself how cold it is in Utah right now and I feel much better. The people here keep saying it’s going to be an ugly winter this year, but there definition of a bad winter is a couple feet of snow. I would be okay with that!! I love this work and it is 10 times better when you have a comp. who loves the work as well. Being on a mission is by the hardest thing ALREADY I have experienced, but so worth the things you gain in return. The Lord will always pour out his blessings upon those who seek first the kingdom of God. I know of that to be true and I see it change people’s lives every day. I know the principles and doctrines we teach are true and they are for everyone. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a beautiful thing that I will ever be grateful for. :D

I hope you all are doing great!

I love and miss you all so very much.

Love,

Sister Phillips

WA-TAC

No comments:

Post a Comment