Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How are my Utahn's?

I sure miss that place...already!!

This week has been, well, interesting.

We moved, we met a drunk lady and she is coming to church (YES), and I discovered I may be allergic to cats.

We are teaching a little girl named Mckenna and she is SO excited to get baptized. We also met a lady named, Heather. She just went through a divorce and is having a hard time and is looking for a church to attend...SCORE! We are still teaching Wil Green, but I am worried about him, he seems a little hesitant, but we just have to pray for him and teach by the spirit and them let him chose.

I am learning how to be patient with people and how to be patient with myself. My companion and I see very differently and I am learning to humble myself and give in to her (which kills me) Yes, I need to be humbled!

Moving has been quiet an adventure. The lady we lived with is getting married and wanted us out asap! We had no idea where we were going until the morning of. I was a little nervous. We ended up with a single sister and her sister-in-law in her basement living room. Let's just say, I'm glad its temporary. The lady we live with now is the best though. She is so sweet and lost her husband not to long ago, so I think it will be good for her to have some more company.

I am trying to think about what to write to you all, but I don’t remember what happened last week. It was so crazy that I tried to block it from my mind lol.

I did have a tender mercy given to me this week though!!! The day we were moving we weren’t able to study that morning and oh man could I feel it. The spirit had left and I had never felt so crummy. We decided we needed to read the scriptures. I didn't feel like I could focus in our new house because it still wasn’t organized, so we drove to an empty parking lot by target and read in the bible for 15 min. It was Amazing, the spirit that flooded into our car and changed my NEGATIVE attitude into a NORMAL happy lakyn one. We went finding for 2 hours after and I was in the best mood! I was so thankful for Heavenly Father blessing us that day and letting us know he was aware of us and we could do it. As a missionary you can't afford not to have the spirit with you 24/7. Nothing will covert a person more strongly that the spirit it self. We can try to "woo" them with our knowledge, but for most that is not enough. Something I remember while teaching them is "if they say it they believe it, if you say it they tend to doubt it". The message is much more powerful if they believe it and when they can feel the spirit testify to them that it is true, than us just telling them! I hope that makes sense.

I want to share with you this quote from Boyd K. Packer:

"Since baptism is essential there must be an urgent concern to carry the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people. We accept the responsibility to preach the gospel to every person on Earth. And if the question is asked, "you mean you are out to convert the entire world?" the answer is, "yes, we will try to reach every living soul." Some who measure that challenge quickly say, "Why that's impossible, it cannot be done! To that we simply say, "perhaps, but we shall do it anyway."

Amen.

Well I love you all,

I will try to have a better letter next week

xoxoxoxo

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment