Monday, December 31, 2012


Family,

I cant believe that we will be rolling in the new year TOMORROW! Will it really be 2013?
The year of 2012 has been one of the greatest years of my life!
So many lessons learned that I know could not have come in any other way.

My testimony has been transformed
I have learned to love and...not love some things
Found myself in a different light
Pushed the limit
New friends
Learned a lot about pain
Listening to the spirit
How awesome my family is...that was already a given!
Over came adversity
Climbed new mountains
Found new loves
I now love peppers!
Not a lover of meat
Gone green
Learned to appreciate the SUN
Overcame fears
Be BOLD
Love all, hate NO ONE
If you seek...you will find!
Becoming is the greatest of all.....
Faith isn't as easy as people say
Just DO
Giving up is never an option
God loves all his children
The atonement is infinite
TRUST in the Lord Jesus Christ

I have leaned so many things that I feel I couldn't adequately express myself.
" Yea, who can say too much of his great power and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering
towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part of which I feel."
(Alma 26:16)

This week has been soul searching for me in many ways. But one of the greatest miracles was that the Perkins family was baptized. Bill received the priesthood that Sunday and then that evening he was able to baptize his mom, wife, and daughter. It was a very tender moment to see a family come together through the sacred ordinance of baptism. It was so cute. Bill was so nervous, but at the end they all hugged and were so happy. Grandma Billie has a special place in my heart. She reminds me a lot of Radmilla with her sweet innocent spirit and there little fragile bodies. It's been a blessing to have been apart of this modern day miracle. The greatest thing I love about this family is that they all sought for an answer and they all got it in different ways. Not one of them followed behind because that's what the family was doing. Instead they all individually asked God if this was true and they all received there individual answer.

It reminded me that God is very mindful of his children and what they need. It also took my mind back to the story of our prophet Joseph Smith. When he went into the grove of trees that day to pray and ask God what church to join, he had no idea what God was going to tell him. If God had told him to be a Methodist  baptist, or catholic, that's what he was going to to. He had something that the scriptures refer to as, "real intent". He had faith that whatever God told  him to do, it would be right!

When we go into prayer with that same "real intent" God will answer us. I know he will. It might now be in the way or in the timing we imagined it to be, but He will. Have patience and trust that he is there.

I love you all and with you the best NEW YEAR EVER!!!

Love,
Sister Phillips 

No comments:

Post a Comment