Tuesday, November 27, 2012


How was everyones Thanksgiving???

Mine was great, any holiday on the mission is the Best! We woke up that morning and had breakfast with the Beylers, then we spent most of the day at the Gehrings mom and dads house.(her dad, who's house we were at, is a retired general authority!!) It was really fun, the little kidos put on a little skit for us..so cute! We then went to say hello at the Agors and ended our night at our mission pres. house. ( its nice living close to them:)) We played lots of fun games and sang Christmas songs around their piano. It was a blast!  


We have a family in our ward who is from the Uintah Basin, a.k.a. Roosevelt. They are the Bettes family. We went to there house for dinner the other night and guess what he cooked us????? Deer Meat!!! I haven't eaten anything like that for a good 15 months. ha ha. They are so much fun. Poor sister Nanto just sat there the whole time and had to listen to us talk about how AWESOME Vernal was and all the people we knew, etc ....They are a young family with a little guy, who is so cute. It's really fun to have someone who knows what your talking about. I get a little taste of home when I go there :)  And a shout out to my cute friend Erin Busch...her boyfriend is Brother Bettes Brother, so we talk about her too ;)

This week was a busy week for us!

We finally got over to teach Spencer the plan of salvation. We brought fellowship, brother Gamez, who I aspire to be one day ha ha. jk! Spencer is caught up on the more deep doctrinal side of things. Him and his wife Belaida shredded apart the word of wisdom. They researched and experimented things that I have never even thought of. It was crazy. We stressed to him that he needs to keep it basic. We even through out Moses 5:4-8 which is a great scripture for those who dont understand the word of wisdom. But the great thing about it is that, we don't need to understand everything...and that is what he is missing. He is a very intelligent man and wants to know it all.

At church on Sunday I was talking to Belinda and she said they almost didn't come. She said last night she was so fed up with him doing all of this and not feeling with his heart that she just wanted to be done with it all. That night Spencer had a dream. He said he had two very dis ting impressions. I don't want to get to much into detail because I believe it is a very personal and sacred thing, but he woke up with peace in his heart that he hasn't felt in a long time. He is now content with learning by "small and simple means" because it is only then that "great things will come to pass! 

In Sunday school we found out that our ward mission leader hadn't showed up to church and he didn't tell anyone, so we had to teach it. We taught the gathering of Israel and I thought it would be great to hear some testimonies from people since the lesson was mostly on missionary work. While people were sharing there testimonies the spirit testified to all of our hearts. I had the impression to ask Belinda to share hers. I fought it for a while because I knew she would kill me. oh. p.s. she is a less active member, who is taking the lesson with her husband-Spencer. After about 3 times, I did it-I asked her. And of course she gave me the look of death, but she did it!!!! She bore a special, but real testimony of her life and how she sought for other Church's her whole life and always came back. She called it "she would always come home" after the closing prayer she couldn't help but weep in her husbands arms. It was a very tender moment. I know that she needed to realize the testimony she already had and it was still in there. When we learn the gospel even at a young age it never leaves us. It never leaves because it is true and we have the gift of the spirit to bring it back to our remembrance.

I know the gospel is true. And even if were 8 or 50 God still loves us and wants us to come back home!

I love you all, 

No comments:

Post a Comment