Monday, November 12, 2012

My purpose!


Hello,
How has every one's week been? I hope great! I saw that it snowed in Vernal....yay! I miss the snow. All we get here is rain, rain and more rain. Yesterday you felt like you were walking in a small pool, the puddles were everywhere.
This has been full of change. Getting a new companion always comes with new adventure! Sister Nanto is actually from North Carolina and is a huge Duke fan. She talks about it a lot and relates everything to duke, but she doesn't like to play basketball??hmm! She did agree to play sat. mornings with us, feew! I am so used to exercising every morning and she hates to exercise. I feel so slumpy(if that's a really word), but I am going to have to do something this week because I don't feel as well.





To all you future missionaries I have a very strong testimony that a healthy missionary=successful missionary!
At transfer meeting we found out that Washington State Legalized Marijuana and gay marriage. From Pres. Weaver and I quote, "Washington's government Sucks" ha ha. It was a sad day, but we know that this only means we have to be even more fervent in our standings with virtue and morals! Just because the worlds point of view changes, God's does not! I am so grateful to know that God is unchanging. If he was, we couldn't fully put our trust in him as a father. I know that as we stick up for what we believe in the power of the adversary will decrees and Satan will have less influence on our families and friends!
This week we worked hard and saw a lot of progress with our investigators. Spencer who we have been teaching for about 6 weeks, committed to baptism the other night. I learned a great lesson of being bold. I am not going to lie, I had been a little nervous of the thought of putting him on date. But that night the spirit spoke true and we did it and he accepted. My jaw almost hit the floor. I was shocked. It reaffirmed to me what my purpose was as a missionary. I am here to Find, Teach, and Baptize. This family is the greatest. I will keep you updated on them. Keep them in your prayers.
Tierra's mom is still not budging. We went to her house this week to talk to her and she was very distant and didn't want to talk. I know just like 1 Ne. 3:7 that the Lord will always prepare away!!! I have faith that he will do the same for Tierra. My heart is so full of hope for her and I will try my hardest to do everything I can to help her mom change her heart!
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week. Don't' forget to think about all your thankful for and share it with others!
Love you,
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment