Monday, August 6, 2012

Hot Hot Hot!!!



 HOT HOT HOT!!!!

Well the heat came for about two days and now it is in the 60's today ha ha. It was soooo HOT for Washington. Yesterday the thermometer said 98 degrees eeek! Not to forget that NO ONE has air conditioning here because this hardly happens. Everyone was dying and no one wanted to see us. They all said, 'come back on a cooler day' haha. We don't blame them. I tried really hard not to complain because I have been waiting for this for a long long time. :)
Yesterday Debbie was baptized!!!!!!!!!! It was so great and she looked beautiful in her Nigerian dress.We had a great turn out at her baptism, over 40 people came to support her and welcome her into the ward-it was a great blessing! Sister Lyles even surprised us and came for the baptism, Debbie was so happy :D I was filled with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude yesterday for all the blessing that the Lord has given to us. There were so many obstacles, but GREAT miracles that happened on the way. How grateful I am to know that God is still a God of Miracles and his love is never ending! President Weaver said, 'claim your miracles EVERYDAY.' We all can have miracles happen to us everyday if we will look for them!
" And now, O all ye that have imagined up into yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles." (Mormon 9:15)
Another exciting thing that happened was we were able to go to Olympia this week!!! President called us last Tues. night and asked if Sister Douros and I would come to Olympia and sing in our mission fireside and of course I could not deny!!! We get to go sing and hopefully see some of the members and my coverts from there :) I just got word that Peter received the priesthood and is still working on his wife to come to church, Denisse is an avid visiting teacher, Minh is now going to the singles ward, Keri and Jane are still active and preparing to go to the temple! These things are what brings me COMPLETE JOY!!!
I am always taken back when I think and ponder of the Lord's mercy and love he has for us. I know that Christ lives and that it is only through him that we can obtain all the Father has. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and it creates miracles and has a power that no other book on Earth can bring. I know this Gospel is for every single person and will one day fill the Earth. I love my Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ and am grateful for the opportunities they take each and everyday to teach us to walk a little straighter. Always be ready to bear testimony of Christ and share his light wherever you are!
I hope you all have a great week.

 I love you all

Sister Phillips


Pictures

Lunch with the Fraizers. A senior Missionary couple from Layton

Debbie's Baptism
 Crista Covey bought us these big starbuck mugs full of chocolate;) She is not a member, but her parents are. She used to not even come out of her room when we would come over, but now with a little love her heart is softening more and more! Hopefully soon, she will allow us to teach her :)
caption


No comments:

Post a Comment