Monday, August 13, 2012

"They are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it" (D&C 123:12).


Hey Everyone,

This has been an exciting week for us in Tacoma. We have been able to witness many tender mercies from the Lord, daily, and see the blessing rolling forth for the hard work everyone has been doing.
Well lets get to the good stuff...
Gulian Goff was baptized on Saturday, FINALLY! Guilan was someone that we hardly had to teach because he was that prepared. When we taught him it was like he already knew everything. "They are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it" (D&C 123:12). Our ward LOVES Gulian and are taking him in so well. His special, unique spirit radiates to everyone and is so contagious. You just want to be around him all day because you feel so good about yourself! The only thing he truly desires is to do the Lord's will and you can see that without even talking to him.
On Sunday both Gulian and Debbie were confirmed. They were very beautiful confirmations. Our bishopric commented on the spirit that was present while they were using there priesthood to bless them with the Gift of the Holy Ghost (Well that's because Debbie and Gulian are the BEST!).
Before Church started I was going to unlock the sunday school room door and I saw Crista Covey walking down the hall COMING TO CHURCH. I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I was extra surprised because her parents are in Utah @ byu education week. Crista is not a member, but her parents are. Her dad was just baptized in April of this year. We have been working with her precept upon precept-little baby steps. She said she was coming to support Sister Douros because she is leaving (oh Sis. Douros is getting transferred-get to that in a min), but I know she really just wanted to come ;) I txt Brother and Sister Covey (her mom and dad) and told them they needed to leave town more often lol. She is coming to lunch with us today to celebrate our bishop's wife'birthday and then were going to the glass museum :)
Transfer Update-
Sister Douros is being transferred to the Gig Harbor ward with Sister Hollman. We were SHOCKED! I thought for sure we were both staying. We have doing good and getting along and usually President doesn't move trainers and there greenies for 12 weeks. She was devastated, but now she feels at peace and knows that is where she needs to be. I will be goign on 6 Months in Tacoma, yahoo!! Lets see if we can make it 7 1/2 ;) I am getting Sister Baylon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sister Baylon and I have been really great friends on the mission and had accepted the fact that President would never put us together for that reason, but we thought wrong. She wrote him and told him, that her dying wish was to dye (end her mission) in Tacoma with Sister Phillips haha. See-wishes do come true!!!
We performed our first mission fireside last night and it was one of the most amazing firesides I have every been to. The chapel was full almost filling the whole gym. When we sang our last song "amazing grace" most if not all of the missionaries were in tears and all of our voices squeaked at the end. Good thing the Lord was there to even it out :) I will never forget the spirit that was present and the reconfirming power that was felt that our Savior, Jesus Christ truly LIVES! I know with all my heart that he is the way, he is our joy and our song. Without him we could never return to the Father and we could never live eternally with our families. I never comprehended the joy I would feel by just coming to know and understand him more. I owe all that I have to him and my Father in Heaven. Don't ever forget to "Remember" and as we always remember him, we can never leave him!


I love you all
xoxoxoxo
Sister Phillips

 Our ride home from Centralia. That is where we had the mission fireside. We had a blast in our 15 passenger van ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment