Monday, August 20, 2012



Family,

Where do I even start? This week has been a full of pure joy and craziness! We went to the Glass museum with an invest, transfers, and mission fireside in OLYMPIA!!!! The weather has been beautiful, we almost reached 100 degrees here in the beautiful Tacoma, can you believe that? I can't! Then the next day it was in the 70's again. :)

First off we went to transfer meeting on Mon. Sister Douros was so scared to leave, but she is in good hands and she is doing great. Sister Baylon and I have a new adventure every day. There is never a dull moment with this girl. She is keeping me on my toes. We learn a lot from each other and It's really nice to be with a companion older than me (mission years). She is a great teacher and def. knows what her purpose is as a missionary!

We have been finding a lot of new people to teach. The other day we got a really good referral from the Spanish elders, so we decided as we were finding we wanted to find a referral for them. I have learned that when you have the faith to pray for very specific things-you will get them! Before we left the car, we prayed to find a four piece family and a girl who was seeking to know the truth and was prepared to hear about the restoration. An hour into tracting we knocked into this amazing family. They were Spanish, but so so cute. We got the Spanish elders on the phone right away and they have an appt. scheduled tonight to see his 4 piece family :D Then the last door we knocked on was a girl named Kasondra. When we started talking to her we noticed a poster on her wall that had her dreams and hopes. Things like, I want a family, friends, spirituality, love, etc....We explained to her that the Gospel of Jesus Christ could give her all of those things and bore our testimony about Jesus Christ and the Restoration. She paused and said, "yep I believe you when can we meet again?" We set up an appt. and even helped her clean her house while we were there :) 

Many many tender mercies have happened this week. I have learned that a tender mercie is very specific from our Heavenly Father. How grateful I am that he knows us so personally to know that even the smallest, insignificant things to another person, could  be the hope and happiness that you needed that day. 

We also had another mission fireside and this time in Olympia. I was sooo excited to go back and see everyone. A lot of people came and just like last time it was amazing. I know for a fact that when we sing and testify of Jesus Christ it is not us. I know that there are angels there helping us and touching many hearts in the audience and imprinting on there hearts the Jesus is the Christ. For I to know that he Lives! I know that the Book of Mormon is true and it was translated by the power of God. I know we have a prophet on the Earth and the Gospel is so beautifully simple!

I love you all, '
Sister Phillips




No comments:

Post a Comment