Tuesday, September 4, 2012


It seems that last weeks email didn't make it to us. She resent it and it to has been posted. So read the post after this one to catch up.

Hello!

We finally made it down to the library to email, thank goodness! It is now 4:20pm and we have had NO time to email, not to mention-even EAT! I am so hungry I could eat a whole chicken! But we decided that email was more important than food at this point!

I re-sent my email I wrote last week, so I really hope you get it, because it has a lot in their.

This week has been good. The work is still progressing and we are teaching some really amazing people, people I know that I needed to be teaching my last six weeks here in Tacoma.

One of them is a lady names Lisa (I really like Lisa's :)). She is a Doctor at Ft. Lewis in about her 50's. She works with a member of the church who is a family and marriage counselor. Anyway, they talk a lot about the church and she has had many promptings over her life that has led her to where she is now. She said that when she was nine years old her family went on a tour of temple square. She remembers listening to the Mormon tabernacle and having this feeling like she was home. She also had a dream that her co-worker was saving her "spiritually" from her drowning in a river. That next day when she went to work she told her co-worker what had happened and then that night they called us to set an appt. Wow!

We ended up meeting with her that week and took her on a church tour. She said that same feeling that she felt in the tabernacle came back and knew that Heavenly Father was leading her directly here. She came to church and stayed all three hours and really loved it. Its amazing to see such an intelligent women be so opened to the promptings of the spirit. Lisa is truly one of the most prepared individuals I have ever taught!

Last Sunday I was fasting for some really specific answers. This last week was really rough and to add onto it Lawrence called us the night before and had told us he didn't think he wanted to meet anymore. My heart felt like it had been shattered. I have been working so hard to help Lawrence, I felt like a big part of me coming to Tacoma was to help him and now he is drifting away. But the Lord in his infinite wisdom and love always knows what he is doing and I needed to trust in that. A member got up and shared her testimony with us and she said something that pricked my heart, she said: "When the Lord closes one door, he will always open another." As I heard that and then saw Lisa sitting right next to me I knew without a doubt that that was exactly what the Lord was doing. Lawrence may need a break right now and that is okay. He is still coming to church, but I know that our focus needs to know be on other people and I can finally say that confidently with peace in my heart.

How grateful I am for the blessing of the Atonement. Through that act alone we have the chance to continually change and become closer and closer to God. We will always receive IMMEDIATE blessing for being obedient. They may not always be something we can see, but when we are obedient we are changing, which is called repentance. So, if you don't feel like you are repenting or have a testimony of repentance-just be obedient and the change will come naturally and you will begin to see the infinite blessings that come from the Atonement.

I love you all,
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment