Monday, September 24, 2012

If we want to be able to partake of all of the blessings the gospel has to bring then we have to offer up our only sacrifice the lord has asked us to give, "


Hey everyone,

Guess what.....

We got our transfer calls this Saturday and it was a SHOCKER! All day we were so anxious because I never get transfer calls since I usually always stay and have only been in three areas ha ha. But this time I knew that I was leaving, I just didn't know where. Late Saturday evening the AP's called us and they told Sister Baylon she was going to Port Angelas and I was going to Lakewood Steilacoom Ward. We were floored-They doubled us out? I just started crying I was so sad. I had just felt peaceful about Sister Baylon taking over the area and watching over everyone. Plus Sister Baylon thought she was staying and the area that she is going to is what we call "china",because it is 3 hours away from any civilization. You can see Canada on a clear day :) She is serving with a comp. that she has already been with and was by far the hardest six weeks of her life. She is really nervous and devastated. I think she cried herself to sleep that night :(
But one the flip side I am excited to serve in the Steilacoom Ward and Anderson Island Branch in Lakewood-Yep we have an Island! My new companion is Sister Grenfell and she is awesome and from Kentucky! President Weaver said, "We work at the same pace", so it should be an adventure.

Yesterday at church was a little overwhelming. Our phone quit working Sat. night so we were not able to tell anyone what went on with our transfer calls, so everyone found out over the pulpit at church from Bishop. I wish I had it on camera because you could probably have herd the gasp that everyone made. After Church My brain was trying to juggle getting investigators to class, investigators upset because were leaving, members wanting to tell you goodbye AND wanting a detailed explanation etc. It was intense. I will miss this ward very much, especially the people I was able to teach and see accept the gospel. They have such a tender spot in my heart that I would do anything for them. My greatest desire is to see them happy in the gospel. To see them change and repent and sometimes you get so protective of them you just need to let them go so they can spread there wings and fly.

I was so worried this weekend about what would happen to everyone we were teaching and our recent converts, but the Lord took precious time to teach me something very important. I was reminded not to always jump to asking why? Why did this happen? Why me? Why, why, why? Instead I needed to ask different questions.
What do you need me to do dear Lord? Where do he need me to go? When do I need to do this? Who do you need me to find?
When I changed my heart, I had this overwhelming feeling of peace come over me to confirm that things would be alright. This is what needed to happen and I needed to trust in Him.

 I learned in Tacoma that Change is essential if we want to grow, if we want to be better and if we want to be more worthy for the spirit. Sometimes that change comes with aches, pains, and bruises, but that is God teaching and preparing us to be the servants worthy to bear his light. Like Paul in I Cor 9:23 "And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker thereof with you." If we want to be able to partake of all of the blessings the gospel has to bring then we have to offer up our only sacrifice the lord has asked us to give, "A broken heart and a contrite spirit." (2 Ne. 2:7) President Weaver told me something that has stuck with me through out this transfer. He said, "Repentance is becoming something you weren't when you started."
I know that to be true. Not only have I seen it in many lives here in Washington, but I have experienced it in my own life. How grateful I am for the patience of the Lord. I can never repay him, but I can Change to closer to him!

I love you all,

Sister Phillips

My new address is:
135 View Rd. Apt. A
Steilacoom, WA
98388

p.s. I got to go to Lacey for another one of the fireside's and Lacey is close to OLYMPIA! So guess what? Keri and Jane came to surprise me and sister Eichenmiller :D Oh we were sooo happy to see them. They are both doing great and are preparing for temple. I so over whelmed with love last night. I am so happy the I was able to be a small part in helping them receive the gospel. That is my joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment