Monday, September 10, 2012


Good Morning!
 
This week has been a better week full of many tender mercies from the Lord!!
 
I don't know how is Utah is, but Washington is already changing seasons :( Today I am wearing a sweater and boots because it chilly outside. The leaves are already changing and you can just feel winter around the corner eeek!! I am not ready for winter again. I don't know how I survived last winter looking back, but I guess if we did it once we can do it again!
 
This week Sister Baylon and I got bit by one of our Recent Converts Dogs, coco! It was scary at first but then really funny. She is a little chihuahua that is so annoying. Anytime we make a sudden move she goes ballistic and starts biting everyone. She bit our toe and would not let off. I thought Sister Baylon was going to kick that dog like a football ha ha. I would have to say that is the first time I have been bitten by a dog. The other times were really close calls, but we were somehow saved.
 
Do you remember Lisa? She is such a miracle and hands down the most prepared person I have met on my mission or life. We taught her the plan of salvation last week and she just soaked it up like a sponge. After we said the opening prayer and followed up with her about her reading she boldly stated that she knew the book of Mormon was true. The spirit was so strong and was a great start to our lesson. At the end of the lesson we asked her to be baptized and she excepted cheerfully and wanted to know when the next baptismal date was. We are meeting with her again tonight and have to go over the word of wisdom. She is a smoker, which is surprising because she is a doctor, but I know with her faith she can quit. Everyone has their own Achilles hill right?
 
This week we also had a mad man scream,swear, and yell at us because we were knocking on his porch. It was the meanest person I had ever met. He was screaming the F word right in our face. All I have to say is good thing I was with Sister Baylon and not a greenie I would have to have a crying session afterward. We just shook it off and laughed about it and kept going. There are some crazy people here in Tacoma, but we love them!!!
 
Church was great this Sunday. We had seven investigators come and most of them stayed for all three hours. It was madness for us, but great for everyone else. I was so thankful for Heavenly Father and his Mercy. That has always amazed me on my mission. Even  though I mess up constantly everyday, he never ceases to show his Love and mercy to me. I hope we can all show mercy to people that we come in contact with because it is one way I truly feel the love of Christ in my life!
 
I love you all,
have a great week.
Sister Phillips 

No comments:

Post a Comment