Monday, July 9, 2012


Good Morning Utah...
Where do I even start?
This week had been quiet eventful: transfers, 4th of July, and training, its been a whirlwind, but a good one ;)
Transfers was really sad for Sister Lyles and I. It was sad to see her go, but cannot wait until she gets her "for real time" mission call. She will be on fire and influence so many lives, just like she has in Tacoma.
My new companions name is Sister Douros (dur-us) It took me about a good day to actually start pronouncing her name right. Her family is Greek def. not Spanish, like we thought from her name. haha. She is doing really well. A little homesick, but that is expected with new missionaries. Luckily we have been really busy this week and she has been able to experience A LOT, (teaching the resto many times, she quoted the first vision, putting people on date for baptism, church tours, and seeing how awesome our members are here) I showed her my planner of my first area when I was a greenie and she couldn't believe it. There were days when we didn't even teach 1 lesson. It was sad, but I learned a lot about endurance and relying on the lord there and would never take those six weeks back! Sister Douros is from Draper, UT. Believe it or not she's my first comp. from Utah. She has 8 kids in her family and loves Disney princesses..hmmm. She has a very sweet testimony and I am excited to work with her and see her blossom into the BEST WA-TAC sister ever!
We had an amazing MIRACLE happen this week. Do you remember Debbie and Joseph?? They are from Nigeria. Debbie and Joseph have been praying and fasting for either a new job opportunity or for Josephs boss to let him have Sundays off, so they can attend church. We went over to there house of Friday and Debbie told us that Joseph's boss said that if her worked two more Sundays for him later in the month he could have them off for now on. AHHHH!!! I was ecstatic for them and could feel the humility and love that Debbie had in her heart for her our Heavenly Father. I know that it was because of there Faith that God allowed this miracle to happen. There is a scripture I read in the Book of Mormon that explains Debbie perfectly,
" And now I would that ye should be humble and submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive." (Alma 7: 23)
Joseph and Julian (our other invest. that lives with them) came to church yesterday. It was great to see them there. Then next week Debbie will come and they will be able to get baptized soon!!!
I want to leave you with my testimony of prayer. I know that through sincere prayer the Father and the Child's will, will come together and be one. I know that if we prayer with faith and sincerity and talk to our father like we would talk to our dad's on this earth, it will change your relationship with him, it will change our hearts, and it will change our vision of who he truly is. He wants to hear from us, he wont's to help us. Our Savior waits to heal us and envelope us in his "robe of righteousness". Through faithful prayers I know that we can call upon the powers of Heaven for help at anytime. We have that power. What an amazing gift he has given to us! My time to really kneel in prayer morning and night has become my own personal sacred grove.
I know that no matter what, He hears our prayers. I am grateful to share the wonderful message just like Nephi taught to, "convince the Jew and the gentile that Jesus is the very Christ, the Eternal God." (2 Ne.26:12)
I love you all and I will keep praying that our Rain is sent to YOU!!
xoxoxo
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment