Monday, May 21, 2012

Hello My Family,




I hope you all had a wonderful week. My weeks has been great and full of randomness and sweet miracles!



First and for most I am Staying in Tacoma!! Sister Hoffman is going a skip and a hop away to Gig Harbor with my MTC comp. Sister Daines. And I am getting Sister Lyles. I dont' know Sister Lyles because she is a new missionary! She is from Aberdeen, WA and is home for the summer from BYU. Last summer she served a mini mission for 9 weeks because a sister had to go home early. Well kinda sorta the same thing this time. The sister that was suppose to come out ended up not (must of got engaged, I dunno) so, sister Lyles said she would serve for 6 weeks so we didn't have to close a sister area down :) Hooray! Everyone has said she is the BEST. She gets to celebrate my Birthday with me and come to the temple :D So I am thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis Excited!



Cute Tiffany West was confirmed this week and Dang it all I forgot my camera AGAIN! I will send pics next week. Promise!



Then we had this crazy thing happen to us. One night last week sister Hoffman and I were talking and we were discussing how we were going to get a baptism this weekend. We had no one on date and we really just needed a miracle. I said, "What we need is someone who just moved from Utah, has taken all the lessons and is ready to be baptized." The next day we had about 20 min before our meeting, so we pulled over to pray for guidance on where we should go to use our time to the fullest. We turned the corner and saw this man walking on the side walk. We pulled over and I asked him if he would be interested in learning more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints? And No joke this is what he said, "Wow, I just came from Utah actually and I am already converted I just haven't been baptized!" If you can imagine, I turned and looked at sister Hoffman and both of our jaws hit the floor. We were soooo excited!!! We took down his information and met with him the next day. But then we find out all the info...He moved here to live with a girl and she was like poison. Come to find out even to his surprise, she HATES Mormons and thinks we are literally the devil :/ Long story short. She made him sleep in the dog house and she kicked him out. Our bishop wanted him to come to church a couple time before he was baptized, so we couldn't do it this week. But he came to church and really enjoyed it. The problem was, that he was not homeless, jobless and moneyless. Our bishop tried to help him, but he wasn't being very cooperative and got upset and stormed out of the building. and now we haven't heard from him :/ We don't know whats going on now. But that will forever be one of the coolest things that have ever happened. I was thinking yesterday, "what did the lord want me to learn from all of this, Danny isn't what we would call a "golden" investigator and he isn't talking to us anymore, what was all this for," But I reflected on the day that we met him and remembered that, that was one of the loneliest days of my mission. That morning I had a lot of mixed feelings and I felt like I was hitting a road block with so many things. I knew that he was aware of me that day and he was listening to my prayers and understood my heart. I will forever be grateful for that experience and the tender mercies he bestowed upon me that day. It's amazing how aware he is of us, but also amazing of how often we forget!



D&C 6:22-23

"Verily, verily I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?"



I love you all and hope you know how grateful I am for all of your prayers and letters!

xoxoxoxo

I love you

Sister Phillips







No comments:

Post a Comment