Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy belated Mother's Day to all of you Mom's!!




I was very grateful that I got to talk to my mom yesterday, not only talk, but we got to Skye my WHOLE entire family (kinda). It was so much fun. It was really good for me to see all of there smiling faces and hear there voices. Ah I miss you guys! Luckily I did not get "trunky" afterward. We went over to our bishops house for mother's day dinner and BBQ'd :) It was sooo yummy. After there we had 2 other appointments to go see people and they Both fed us :/



First we went to Debbie's home-she is one of our investigators and to our surprise she made us an Nigerian meal. Sister Hoffman and I looked at each other and thought "oh NO." Thankfully she just piled up a mountain of food on 1 plate and put 3 spoons in it. So, we started eating and there were these green veggies that I thought looked harmless, until I took a bite and OH MY GOODNESS.....THEY WERE HOT! She forgot to inform us that she put 6 habanero peppers in there. My lips were on fire and tears started rolling down my face and poor Debbie was racing around the kitchen trying to get me a glass of water. Sister Hoffman thought I was being a wimp, so I made her take a bite and she started choking ha ha.



We then went to the Covey's home and sat down and there awaits a strawberry shortcake bar set up just for US!!! Of course, we had to eat it. I was laughing inside because while skyping my family I was explaining to them how people just love to feed us here and its so hard to tell them no, because they will seriously get offended even in America! Needless to say when we got home we both were sick and felt like we had been drugged! ha ha. It was quiet humorous, but we are thankful for our members and how much love they have for the gospel and there missionaries.



Steven Cline was confirmed this Sunday and Tiffany West was baptized! Yahoo! I was really nervous for Steven because he gets nervous in large crowds, but he did amazing. He even stayed for all three hours and participated in Sunday school!!! :) Tiffany is already trying to plan when she can go do Baptisms for the Deat at the Temple. They both are very cool people.



I've already told my family this,but I'll tell it again because it was so amazing! We had a miracle church tour last Friday. His name is Laurence. We met him one day on our way back to our car from tracting. We were walking down the road and I noticed that he had a Denver Bronco's beanie on. So, knowing me, I yelled, "Hey your a Bronco's fan?" He said, "Heck yes!" Then the ice was broke, well shattered! He started talking to us and we scheduled an appt. with him to come on a church tour that weekend. Later in the week he ended up cancelling on us twice, but he called and apologized each time, so we knew he was sincere. Finally, he followed through and even brought us taco's from a taco stand :) They were delicious! While we were in the chapel he was telling us his story of how he left the catholic church and has went to over 30 church's searching to find the right one. He read in the Book of James one day and the Lord told him that it wasn't true ;) How cool is that?! Thank goodness for that book!! But the cool part was that he was talking to one of his friends the night before he was talking to us and she had converted over to the LDS church from Catholicism a couple years ago. She said, "The Mormons are the only ones who mean business." Then he said, "lone behold two Mormon missionaries come struttin down my street and yelling at me about the Denver Bronco's." He later said, that at that moment he knew he needed to talk to us. He is a great and humble guy, willing and ready to learn the truth. And of course he has already been Anti'd, but he is prepared I can just feel it. I pray that he will seek with all honesty and If he does I have no doubt that he will come to gain a testimony of the Truthfulness of the Gospel!



I am so grateful for the Lord's personal touch in all of our lives. Lately, I have felt like when I needed Heaven most all I could hear was silence. That made me frustrated somedays, but I have learned to just be patient with myself and the Lord. Change takes time. Change takes repentance and a lot of effort on our part. I reflect on the teachings of Alma when he taught Heleman "it was by VERY small and simple things that GREAT things are brought to pass." (Alma 37:7) Never forget how aware he is of you, even if sometimes we forget Him. He died for all of us, so we didn't have to suffer as much. Now we just have to take him up on that and apply the Atonement in our own lives.



I hope you all have a wonderful week. If you have room please pray for the Julian Family. He is trying to stop smoking, so he can baptize both of his older sons and is struggling right now. Thank your for all your love and support. Jesus Christ Lives and the Book of Mormon is True!



Love,

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment