Monday, May 7, 2012

Good Morning,

I hope you all had a great week and lots of sunshine :) TODAY....Is the 2nd day of sunshine in a week...finally! It is so beautiful outside. Earlier today we drove down to Owens Beach and took some pictures-they hardly do this place justice! People were walking around on the beach in shorts and tank tops and then there's me with pants a long sleeve cardi and a scarf. lol. Its still to cold!

This week was a little up and down, but all in all it was great! We had Elder Gavarette from the 1st Quorum of the 70 come to our mission. Him and his wife spoke to us and WOW they are amazing. It was a long day we were there from 8:30-4:00pm. but well worth the spiritual noss! He was very bold, which I loved, and spoke right to the point. To sum it all up he told our mission we were lacking in faith, we should be the highest baptizing mission in the nation and right now we are not. :/ (no pressure). If we just had to the Faith we would find prepared people to teach! He reminded us that it begins with US. He said, "If we are to expect our investigators to have spiritual experiences, we need to be prepared with the spirit. We should be letting the spirit guide EVERYDAY. The people we come in contact with know NOTHING about the Plan of Salvation, about the Restoration, and about who Jesus Christ really truly is. They are not just life less objects walking around, but these are people who are waiting for you! NOW you need to go give it to them. We as disciples of Christ Need to go teach our brothers and sisters." He was amazing and I want to be just like his wife one day. She was a very powerful speaker!



Last week I had a neat experience. Last Monday morning I was thinking a lot about the Holy Spirit and how we should focus everything we do on weather or not it was inspired from Him. I knew I needed to be more diligent in allowing the Holy Spirit to guide me and teach me, so I decided to pay more attention to him on my P-day (not as easy). After I got done emailing last Mon. We were walking out of the Library and the spirit whispered to me, "go invite that family to church" It was a cute little Mexican family eating lunch at this table-a mom and 3 kids. "I thought no way-its a public place and they probably wont be interested", By this time I was out the doors and walking to my car, pouring down rain and the spirit prompted me again, "Turn around and go back and invite them to church." I yelled at sister Hoffman and said I had to go back into
the Library. I turned around and ran into the library and said to this family, "Even though I don't look like it (I was in my p-day clothes) I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, would you like to come to church with us on Sunday?" The little boy instantly said, "Yes-we would." I got the family's information and unfortunately they were not in our area, but I gave them to the elders and they contacted them right away and got a return appt. :) I was so grateful that I listened, but even more grateful to know that my Heavenly Father is aware that I was working on specifically this and allowed me this experience. I love being a missionary!



We also had a baptism this weekend-Steven Cline. He was a former invest. who we decided to go check up. The prog. record wasn't filled out very well and we couldn't understand why he hadn't been baptized. We started teaching him two weeks ago and was very committed and willing to change. He is a little slow, but so funny! Oh my goodness-Sister Hoffman and I leave there every time just laughing. His signature saying is, "keep the faith!" He gets really nervous around large crowds, so we actually had to ask some people not to come so he wouldn't get nervous. It was quiet amazing though-after he was baptized and the service was over, he would go talk to people all by himself. Before he would just stand there and look really awkward and people would have to come up to him. It was amazing. He is so excited to receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost next Sunday!!!



Well I love you all and I invite you all to pray this week for missionary experiences. I know that If you have faith and a desire, the Lord will put someone in your path. It may not be something big, it may just even be telling someone that Mormons are Christians, but whatever it is, it will strengthen your testimony and prepare you for bigger and better experiences in the future!



Isaiah 40:28-31, "Has thou not known? has thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the Earth, fainter not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youth shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Now go fly!



Love you all,

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment