Monday, September 26, 2011

One Month Down!!

I can't believe it has already been a month. I'm not going to lie, it's been a long month, but great month as well. This week hasn't really been any different. The people actually have been a little nicer ( I thank the weather for that ). It was 85 for the last couple days and now it has turned really rainy and cold..brrr! I am freezing lol. Thank you Aunt Lisa for scanning all of the pics, I knew you could do it!!!



The Tacoma mission is famous for starting the church tours. We take people there for the first lesson instead of there home, so they can see what the church looks like, less distractions, and of course the great spirit that is in the chapel. I almost had my first one!!! Then...he kept texting us weird texts and wanting to know what sister he was talking to and he didn't show up to his appt. rrrr... my heart was broke! We will get one this week though, I can feel it! We also met a "nudist budist", this guy was crazy. He was just feeding us a bunch of ham so we wouldnt come back to his house. He said he only put on clothes because we were girls, but other wise he roams around his house naked. haha he probably went off on this tangent for 15 min. He couldn't fool us though!



We are working with the Laititi family. They are 100% polenisan. I love them. We are trying to help the dad understand that there is only 1 true church. He just says "It doesn't matter where you go to praise Jesus, just as long as you go", it is good that he is going somewhere, but it doesn't do a lot if your not going to the right place. He has this son AL who I just know wants to get baptised. We have been praying for him a lot, so hopefully something happens with that family. We are also going to be teaching the Green family. Wil Green is not a member and he wants to take the lessons, but he doesn't get home from Iraq until next week. He is in the special forces. It will be fun to meet him. There are a lot of Army people here and sometimes there the nicest ones, they just don't want anything to do with the church. Our Singles ward that we are over is great. They are a lot of fun. It makes me miss my ward back home though. Yesterday they told me that they had temple night this week and they do sealings. I was a little shocked. I said you do what? Instead of going to an endowment session, they do sealings. haha I laughed pretty hard. I guess it makes sense. They said they were focusing on the goal-marriage! lol Maybe our ward could look into that!



Well we got to go to Tacoma a whole 2 times this week...yahoo! I love being able to see our mission pres and his wife. They spoil us to death. I love them! We had a training for all of the newbies and on mormon.org and of course the most important our mission goal. Our goal this month is for 200 baptisms. That means each area has to have 2 baptisms to reach that goal. The Tacoma area is trying to break the record and have 54 baptims in there area..show offs! We are working on some potential investigators and are hoping they will commit to baptism soon. We also have been working with members a lot to get referals and help them use mormon.org the right way. If you haven't been on the web site I urge you go check it out. Mormon.org is doing a blitz in the Tacoma/Seattle area, which means there will be commercials, billboards, signs on buses etc...I am excited to see what it will bring to our area. They are hoping it will get people to come to us more and help them understand that Mormon's are REAL people.



Did you all watch the Relief Society Braodcast last saturday??? I loved it. Specifically Pres. Uchtdorfs talk. My fav part was when he talked about "Do not forget the "why" of the Gospel" We tend to focus so much on "what" and "how" the Lord wants us to do things and tend to forget about the "why". In the end it's only the "why" that will matter. The one I needed to heard was, "forget not to be patient with yourself", God is fully aware that we are not perfect, but if we stay on the road of discipleship, one day we will. I have to remind my self of that everyday! If you didn't get to watch it, you should get on lds.org and look it up. It should be online to watch.



I heard that BYU got demolished and then buried into the groud last week. Whats there problem???


That is the good thing about being around members, they update me on that kind of stuff :)



I hope I have more interesting things to tell you next week....like I got a church tour or new investigators!!!! Pray for us. Missionary work is the greatest work on Earth. It's amazing how much closer you can draw near to the Savior when all distractions are set aside. I have learned a lot about the wisodom of God. Sometimes It's hard for me to understand why people wont just accept this message. It will CHANGE there life. I have had to learn a great deal of patience and come to learn that the Lord prepares the people we teach, He knows all, not me! He tends to remind me we work for him in gathering the kingdom on zion every single day and that we have to truly become disciples of Christ to do so. I wish somedays I could just climb on top of Mt. Rainier and scream to the top of my lungs " THE CHURCH IS TRUE PEOPLE" I know it. That is one thing I do know out here in this foreign place. The Savior lives and he loves all of his children, no matter who they are or what they have done. There is always a way to come back to him. Thank you for all of the support I have back at home and everywhere, I am so lucky!!



I miss you all,


xoxoxoxoxo


Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment