Monday, March 4, 2013

"More Precious Than Gold"



Family & Friends,

Well this will be quick because Sister Hall and I have a tea party (herbal tea of course) to attend with the Eleven from Heaven!!!!!!!
But I wanted to leave you all with my testimony,

These last 18 months truly have been , "more precious than gold." I have been tested, tried, and molded into someone who God could use in this wonderful work. I know that Christ lives!  I know that because He lives we can have the hope and assurance that we to will live again with Him. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can be TRANSFORMED, if we will allow it. The atonement is not only for our sins, but our sorrows, our inadequacies, our heart break, and our lack of faith. I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in these latter-days and that the power of the priesthood is here to make us a covenant people to return to God with our families. I know that at the age of 14 the young boy, Joseph Smith saw the Father and his Son Jesus Christ as he knelt down and prayed with real intent. I have come to know that the power of prayer is real and just as Joseph had the faith to pray, we to need can ask God anything and He will answer by the power of the Holy Spirit. I to agree with my mission president when he says, "The Book of Mormon is Magic!" It is the word of God and it will bring us closer to Christ than any other way. It is the greatest tool we can use along with the spirit to share the truth of the Restored Gospel around the world. This work is great. It is powerful. It is the most REAL thing we as mortals could ever be apart of. Serving the people in the Washington Tacoma Mission has brought more joy into my life than I ever though possible. It has stretched my heart, helped me overcome fears, trust in God, and come to Rejoice in Jesus Christ. I know that even when I am home this work will continue forward.. I will be a missionary wherever the Lord needs me. I will be his servant.
I leave these things with you, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


The WA-TAC will forever be in my heart!

Sister Lakyn Marie Phillips 

No comments:

Post a Comment