Monday, February 4, 2013


Family and Friends,

Good day! I am alive and doing very well compared to last week. It truly has been a miracle of how I am still alive and working hard. I received my new little missionary on Tues. and she is SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME! Her name is Sister McKenzie Hall, from Kaysville, UT, and is one of the greatest missionaries ever. I just love her                                                          .Tuesday...
I was really nervous about the whole training thing with my headaches, etc. All day I would pray and pray, I don't think I stopped praying for the strength to do this. I truly felt like I was at my weakest point and If I were to train a new missionary I wanted to do the best or I did not want to do it at all. I was waiting in line nervously waiting for the AP's to call my name and again...praying. I ran into the room with biggest smile I could give at the time and as soon as I met her I felt the overpowering grace of God. I'm pretty sure this is how love at first site feels. ha ha.  A couple days before I had received a priesthood blessing for my concussion and in that blessing it mentioned that my new companion and I would become best friends and we would be able to carry forth the work in the way we needed.

Sister Hall exhausted and fell asleep writing in her journal.
That night as we were driving home we stopped by the house to pick up a coat and we immediately started tracting. As we were knocking doors I realized that I didn't have a headache. :D What? It truly was a miracle. I made a big seen and jumped up and down a couple of times and thanked Heavenly Father for strengthening me in my weakness. The strength to carry on continued day after day, after day. Everyday this last week I have been able to put forth my best effort into the work and feel good. I am still a little foggy, cant read any books, and get baby headaches, but its the greatest feeling ever to BE MYSELF AGAIN.

I found a new light in myself that I never felt. I was humbled and learned that by letting people help you doesn't mean you are weak. I had to let go of a lot of ego that was holding me back to do the Lord's will and try to see what the Lord was trying to teach me out of all of this. As I tried to change my attitude and humble myself, I truly felt as though I could call upon the powers of heaven and ask for the strength of angels. I will testify that, that was the only way I was able to put one foot in front of the other and have so much success this week. The scripture in Ether 12:27 has gone to deeper meaning to me;
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weaknesses. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
Smiling Through The Pain!

Thank you for all the prayers that have gone my way. I felt them everyday heal me and remind me that I had many people back home that love me. I am still banned from any sport in the mission right now, he he. But I am grateful that I could learn eternal truth from this experience. God truly calls us in our weakness, but will ALWAYS qualify us. I am grateful that our Savior died and over came death for us, so that we could have that same hope of Eternal Glory. I know that when no one else knows how you feel, our Savior Jesus Christ does. That is one of the greatest gifts of the Atonement. He will know how to help us perfectly. Ahh...makes me smile every time I think of that!

D&C 35:13; " Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised to thrash the nations by the power of my spirit; 14. And there arm shall be my arm, and I will be there shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine indignation will I preserve them."
Feel better/Valentine's Flowers

Sister Hall is outstanding! I cannot say enough about her. When I heard all the new missionaries bear their testimonies of the Savior at our training I felt so confident in handing over the WA-TAC to them. The Lord has prepared them well, they are confident and ready to work hard. I am so excited for anyone who is preparing for a mission. It will mold and change their life in ways you wouldn't think possible. He will help you become who he needs you to be as you work in your weakness and give your all to him,  He will always make up the difference.
 
Tierra's Baptism from last week.
I love the WA-TAC, but even more I love my Savior.
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment