Monday, October 8, 2012

Family & Friends,

First and foremost, I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE ANNOUNCEMENT PRESIDENT MONSON
MADE AT CONFERANCE!!! Can you believe that? I think will be a great change
and will hasten the work even more around the world. I'm sure this will
also higher the percentage of sisters that serve now :D

This is going to be a short email because I feel like I am on my death bed.
This morning I woke up with a really bad stomach ache and didn't really
think much until It didn't go away :( I must have a flu bug or something,
but whatever it is it's not fun. I have been throwing up all morning and
every ounce of water I had in me I think is emptied out.

Last night we ate a big dinner at our ward mission leaders home and they
had us try these clams they just caught and promised us were top quality.
Well they  weren't to bad, but they weren't good either. I woke up this
morning feeling like the clams were swimming around in my stomach. Lets
just say I will never eat slimy, chewy, fishy food again.

This week Sister Grenfell and I have been working really hard. We have been
tracting at least four hours a day on top of our appt. with investigators.
We are trying to find new people we can start teaching. It's been beautiful
weather here as well. They said it isn't going to start getting to cold or
rainy until the end of Oct. Hooray! I feel like I haven't seen rain for at
least three months.

We decided to go check up on a former investigator named Kevin. He
lives  in the coolest/ crazies place I have ever seen. It's a house that a
man constructed into a bunch of little studio appt. for temporary army
soldiers , its actually really nice and over looks the sound. We knocked on
the door and Kevin was home! He said that we came at perfect timing and
that he had just started to pray again and think about coming back to
church. He also has a new neighbor that just moved in and he is MORMON and
very active in the church!!  Kevin ended up coming to conference on Sunday
and he also brought a friend with him named, Louie! Louie is here temporary
with the army, his family lives in San Antonio, TX and will be going home
in November. But while they were listening to c conference I had a big
prayer in my heart that something that was said would prick there heart and
stir them up to remembrance. After conference they both asked us when the
next time we could meet, because they had many questions. We then invited
them over for dinner at the McCormick's and they both accepted. It was a
great night. We had a lot of good conversation and a very powerful message
at the end. We are excited to see where Kevin and Louie go and are excited
to teach them about the Restoration of the Gospel!

This week we also got to go to Anderson Island and I rode my very first
fairy-that I remember anyway. There is a little branch of about twenty
members that live there, but the hard thing is  there is no proselyting. So
the only work we can do is through members, and that is sparse as well.
One of the members invited us to come to the Thurs. girls craft day  and of
course Sister Grenfell and I jumped all over that. We learned how to
crochet a dish cloth.

Well I am going to pass out of the computer. But i love you all
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment